(Senior / Principal) Java Backend Developer (m/f/d) | Berlin
Solactive AG is a FinTech company operating globally and growing at a fast pace. Since 2007, we develop tailor-made and multi-asset class index solutions for ETFs and other index-linked investment products for the leading global investment banks and asset managers as our clients. Our software development and core technology team, responsible for the infrastructure, development, operation and maintenance of our index calculation and publication engine, is based in Berlin and is now hiring!
Our engineering teams build and extend Solactive’s indexing platform, used for real-time calculation and management of tens of thousands of financial indices and portfolios for our global clients. Hundreds of thousands of messages per second, highly effective data management, distributed caching, resilience, and fail-over strategies are some of our most important topics.
Our continuous business growth and high requirements on accuracy, performance, and availability will provide you with a lot of engineering challenges and opportunities to contribute, to learn, and to grow as part of our team.
You are a not a coder, you are a software engineer. You love solving complex problems, building performant, scalable, low latency, and highly available services. Then we can’t wait to meet you!
- Design and implement challenging projects in a service-oriented architecture
- Develop and scale our index platform and data management landscape
- Develop high performance APIs and streaming solutions to our clients and data vendors
- Very close cooperation with our product owners and business teams
- Support our operation teams helping our customers finding the proper solutions for their needs
- 8+ years of engineering experience and at least 5 years of in-depth Java experience
- You’re experienced with synchronous and asynchronous communication and the respective tech stack (e.g. REST, RabbitMQ, Kafka, or others)
- Know how to achieve high throughput and low latency services
- You know how to effectively use relational databases technologies (ideally JPA, Hibernate, SQL/MySQL)
- Strong analytical skills, effective problem solving mentality, and team spirit are highly valued in our teams
- Structured feedback and career cycles to support your further development
- An attractive salary package with 30 days of annual leave (plus 24th & 31st Dec)
- Free choice of your gears to work comfortably and effectively
- The dynamic environment of a start-up culture
- Numerous benefits (e.g. regular staff parties, access to Corporate Benefits, modern office space, employee lounge and free beverages)
- Get visible and have an impact from day one: we’re a compact firm, and your stakeholders are just an arm’s length away!
- Become part of Solactive’s success story and our future growth – with a highly motivated and collaborative team
Interested? Don’t miss your chance and directly apply online by clicking the “Apply now” button on our website and filling in the application form. Please make sure to also upload your CV, a cover letter is not compulsory. Your contact person is Franziska Gaa (email@example.com). We are looking forward to hearing from you!
For further information, please visit: www.solactive.com/career/
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited CVs/Candidate Profiles. Please do not forward any CVs/Candidate Profiles to any Solactive employee in any location. Any requests for cooperation have to be addressed directly to HR. Any costs associated with unsolicited CVs/Candidate Profiles are not being covered by Solactive.