(Senior / Principal) Java Backend Developer (f/m/d) – Architecture and Performance | Berlin
Solactive AG is a FinTech company operating globally and growing at a fast pace. Since 2007, we develop tailor-made and multi-asset class index solutions for ETFs and other index-linked investment products for the leading global investment banks and asset managers as our clients. Our software development and core technology team, responsible for the infrastructure, development, operation and maintenance of our index calculation and publication engine, is based in Berlin and is now hiring!
Do you like to work with your team to challenge the status quo and implement solutions which will be part of a solid and impactful legacy? Do you get satisfaction by solving complex problems such as highly scalable environments and close-to-zero latency services? The waste disposal crew company picks the garbage out of your door and you ask yourself whether it was ZGC or Shenandoah? When you are invited to a meeting, do you like to go to the point and reduce the runtime so that it looks more like O(n) rather than O(mygodthisisuseless)? Then, it is probably a match!
- Planning and implementing challenging software development projects in a service-oriented architecture
- Develop our index platform and data management landscape
- Developing high performance APIs to our clients and data providers
- Very close cooperation with our product owners and business teams
- Proactively implementing new services and improve existing ones
- Your 8+ years of experience (with at least 5 of in-depth Java projects) make you extremely confident in handling Java in a commercial environment.
- You contributed or led at least one big project where high throughput, low latency high availability and performance are essential.
- Your code is your legacy and you want that to be a key part of the business. You are familiar in discussing and exchanging opinions to make the code a long-lasting experience rather than a quick-burner.
- Relational databases technologies (ideally JPA, Hibernate, SQL/MySQL) are not alien to you and you navigate confidently through them.
- You tackle it, now: strong analytical skills, effective problem solving mentality, result orientation and excellent team spirit bring you on the path of success together with Solactive.
- Structured feedback and career cycles to support your further development
- An attractive salary package with 30 days of annual leave (plus 24th & 31st Dec)
- Free choice of your gears to work comfortably and effectively
- The dynamic environment of a start-up culture – with the stability of an established company
- Get visible and have an impact from day one: we’re a compact firm, and your stakeholders are just an arm’s length away!
- Become part of Solactive’s success story and our future growth – with a highly motivated and collaborative team
Interested? Don’t miss your chance and directly apply online by clicking the “Apply now” button on our website and filling in the application form. Please make sure to also upload your CV, cover letter and relevant references or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contact person is Valerio Timpanaro (+49 (0) 30 814 59 43 86). We are looking forward to hearing from you!
For further information, please visit: www.solactive.com/career/
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited CVs/Candidate Profiles. Please do not forward any CVs/Candidate Profiles to any Solactive employee in any location. Any requests for cooperation have to be addressed directly to HR. Any costs associated with unsolicited CVs/Candidate Profiles are not being covered by Solactive.