Senior Data Engineer (f/m/d) | Berlin | Berlin
Solactive AG is a FinTech company operating globally and growing at a fast pace, headquartered in Frankfurt. Since 2007, we develop tailor-made and multi-asset class index solutions for ETFs and other index-linked investment products for the leading global investment banks and asset managers as our clients. Flexibility, efficiency and providing the highest quality are at the heart and soul of our business philosophy. We are now hiring!
Our Global Data Solutions team forms an essential link between our business and infrastructure teams: it defines and implements business processes in data pipelines, monitors existing services and thereby provides the best service to our customers. As a Data Engineer in our Data Solutions team you will be working on a broad set of real-world problems of large scale that have a direct and significant business impact. In close collaboration with our business analysts and software engineers you will create high-performance data processing solutions that scale using emerging technologies and approaches and help us define new best practices.
• Designing and developing our data processing pipeline
• Building up a centralized data warehouse that acts as the unique source of all relevant data in the long run
• Optimizing queries executed in distributed systems by improving query plans and considering data partitioning and compression
• Engineering ETL processes through the whole
• Being an in-house consultant for best track, store and access data
• Academic degree in computer science, related studies or equivalent professional experience
• Relevant work experience in similar position
• Excellent IT skills including experience with various database technologies such as MySQL / MongoDB/ Postgres / MS SQL Server
• Fluency in Python and / or Java
• Intercultural competence, meticulousness and a passion for documentation
• Very good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Be part of the Solactive family, a motivated team with an international setting
- Get to know the dynamics of an established, successful FinTech company
- Free choice of your gears to work comfortably and effectively
- Experience a modern start-up culture with a flat hierarchy
- Seize the opportunity to develop personally, take over responsibility and maintain direct customer contact from day one
- Receive numerous benefits (e.g. gym, regular staff parties, access to Corporate Benefits, modern office space, employee lounge and free beverages)
Interested? Don’t miss your chance and directly apply online by filling in the application form on our website. Please make sure to also upload your CV, a cover letter is not compulsory. If you have any questions beforehand, please get in contact with Valerio Timpanaro (email@example.com).
For further information, please visit: www.solactive.com/career/
To all recruitment agencies:
We do not accept unsolicited CVs/Candidate Profiles. Please do not forward any CVs/Candidate Profiles to any Solactive employee in any location. Any requests for cooperation have to be addressed directly to HR. Any costs associated with unsolicited CVs/Candidate Profiles are not being covered by Solactive.