Quantitative Java Developer (m/f/d) for Financial Markets | Berlin
Solactive AG is a FinTech company operating globally and growing at a fast pace. Since 2007, we develop tailor-made and multi-asset class index solutions for ETFs and other index-linked investment products for the leading global investment banks and asset managers as our clients. Our software development and core technology team, responsible for the infrastructure, development, operation and maintenance of our index calculation and publication engine, is based in Berlin (Europe’s most exciting capital) and is now hiring!
Are you interested in the financial markets and its instruments, such as ETFs? At the same time, do you have a quantitative academic background and do you enjoy programing as well as working with the latest technologies? Are you now looking for a permanent role in the field of software development? Plus, are you highly motivated and keen to work in a successful and stimulating environment? Then you will very likely fit into our team!
- Participating in challenging software development projects in a service-oriented architecture to extend the functionality of our index platform (frontend and backend)
- Planning and implementing efficient algorithms for real-time calculation of financial indices in various asset classes
- Developing and implementing complex processes for handling of financial markets data
- Implementing our clients’ index related business processes into effective APIs and internal services
- Very close cooperation with our quantitative developers, infrastructure, QA and business teams
- Completed studies in a quantitative field, e.g. mathematics, information science, or engineering
- Knowledge of financial instruments, financial markets, and financial market data
- Good knowledge of at least one modern programming language (e.g. C#, Matlab, Python or ideally Java/JEE)
- Profound knowledge of database systems
- Ideally experience with version control tools (e.g. Git)
- Excellent analytical skills and pleasure in solving complex problems
- Proactive, strong team player and good English language skills
- A challenging and exciting field in a very successful and strongly growing FinTech
- Active teamwork and a steep learning curve right from the start
- Working with modern, exciting technologies in a fast-paced, highly professional environment
- Centrally located office in Berlin-Friedrichshain with an amazing view
- A permanent contract
- Flexible working hours
- Free choice of technical equipment (e.g. Mac/Linux)
- An attractive salary package
Interested? Don’t miss your chance and send your application incl. a short cover letter, CV and relevant certificates in one pdf (max. 5 MB) to: email@example.com. Your contact person is Claudia Heinze. We are looking forward to hearing from you!