Quantitative Java Developer (m/f/d) for Financial Markets | Berlin
Solactive AG is a FinTech company operating globally and growing at a fast pace. Since 2007, we develop tailor-made and multi-asset class index solutions for ETFs and other index-linked investment products for the leading global investment banks and asset managers as our clients. Our software development and core technology team, responsible for the infrastructure, development, operation and maintenance of our index calculation and publication engine, is based in Berlin (Europe’s most exciting capital) and is now hiring!
Are you interested in the financial markets and its instruments, such as ETFs? At the same time, do you have a quantitative academic background and do you enjoy programming as well as working with the latest technologies? Are you now looking for a permanent role in the field of software development? Plus, are you highly motivated and keen to work in a successful and stimulating environment? Then you will very likely fit into our team!
- Participating in challenging software development projects in a service-oriented architecture to extend the functionality of our index platform (frontend and backend)
- Planning and implementing efficient algorithms for real-time calculation of financial indices in various asset classes
- Developing and implementing complex processes for handling of financial markets data
- Implementing our clients’ index related business processes into effective APIs and internal services
- Very close cooperation with our quantitative developers, infrastructure, QA and business teams
- At least 2-3 years of experience either either in a development team or in a financial analysis team. Ideally both.
- Completed studies in a quantitative field, e.g. mathematics, economics, finance or at least one professional project in a B2B Fintech
- Good knowledge of at least one modern production programming language (ideally Java)
- Profound knowledge of database systems
- Ideally experience with version control tools (e.g. Git)
- Excellent analytical skills and pleasure in solving complex problems
- Proactive, strong team player and good English language skills
- 30 days annual leave and attractive salary package
- Free choice of your gears (Mac or Windows, whatever you need to work comfortably)
- Nice and centred-located office, very well connected with public transportation
- The chance to have an impact from day one: self-initiative is encouraged and essential to our culture
- Structured feedback cycles to support your further development
- The stability and profitability of an established company with the dynamic environment of the start-up culture
Interested? Don’t miss your chance and directly apply online by clicking the “Apply now” button on our website and filling in the application form. Please make sure to also upload your CV, cover letter and relevant references or send it to email@example.com. Your contact person is Valerio Timpanaro (+49 (0) 30 814 59 43 86). We are looking forward to hearing from you!
For further information, please visit: www.solactive.com/career/