Principal Software Engineer (m/f/d) – Market Data |Berlin |Dresden | Frankfurt am Main
Since its creation in 2007 in the financial city of Frankfurt am Main, Solactive AG has grown to one of the key players in the indexing space. The German multi-asset index provider focusses on tailor-made indices, offering to its clients a faster service, with greater flexibility and at a reasonable cost. Solactive AG and its subsidiaries have become one of the fastest growing index providers over the past few years and support the leading investment banks and asset managers across the globe. We have gained global recognition for our role in the Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) industry, where we rank among the top providers worldwide for underlying indices. We also excel in diverse areas such as Structured Products and investment mandates, showcasing the wide range of our capabilities. The impact and value we bring to the market is palpable, but also in the reputation we have proudly built by being close to our customers, solidifying Solactive AG as a trusted and reliable ally in the ever-evolving global financial landscape.
Our Market Data team forms an essential link between our business and infrastructure teams: it defines and implements business processes in data pipelines, monitors existing services, and thereby provides the best service to our customers. As a Principal Software Engineer in our Market Data team, you will be working on a broad set of real-world problems. Highly effective data management, resilience, and fail-over strategies are some of our most important topics. In close collaboration with our business team, you will create high-performance, cloud based data processing solutions that scale using emerging technologies and approaches and help us define new best practices.
Our continuous business growth and high requirements on accuracy, performance, and availability will provide you with a lot of engineering challenges and opportunities to contribute, to learn, and to grow as part of our team.
You love solving complex problems, building performant, scalable, low latency, and highly available services. Then we can’t wait to meet you!
- Design and implement challenging projects to develop the data products building the foundation of the index calculation process
- Building up a data landscape that acts as the single source of truth for all relevant data
- Take care of all the aspects of the development of a data product, starting from data collection, implementation of ETL pipelines to data access solutions via API ad UIs.
- Develop high performance APIs and streaming solutions to our clients
- Ensuring a good user experience for all stakeholders (end users, operators and developers)
- Being an in-house consultant for best track, store, and access data
- 8+ years of data and software engineering experience and at least 5 years of in-depth Python experience
- First projects implemented in Go or Rust
- Databases: Experience in at least one of (No)SQL DBs like Mongo, Postgres, MySQL
- Cloud / Cloud native development (Google Cloud Platform) is mandatory
- Able to develop CI/CD pipelines
- Good understanding of microservice architectures
- Strong technical mentoring skills
- Full working proficiency in English
- Global Team: Join our motivated international team at Solactive
- FinTech Excellence: Experience FinTech excellence at Solactive
- Modern Culture: Enjoy our modern, flat hierarchy and startup-like culture
- Responsibility & Connections: Take over responsibility from day one and build relationships in- and outside of the company.
- Vacation: Enjoy 30 annual vacation days, plus extra time off for Christmas Eve and New Year
- Competitive Compensation: Receive a competitive compensation package
- Special Benefits: Job ticket and gym access, access to Corporate Benefits, modern office space with ergonomic set-up, employee lounge, and free beverages and fruits
- Community & Networking: Engage in our various networking events
- Professional Development: Grow both personally and professionally through our diverse training offers
- Flexibility: Embrace a flexible work culture with the freedom to choose your work hours, including a hybrid work model, all within a diverse and dynamic environment
Interested? Don’t miss your chance and directly apply online by clicking the “Apply now” button on our website and filling in the application form. Please make sure to also upload your CV, a cover letter is not compulsory. Your contact person is Roopali Sahoo (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are looking forward to hearing from you!
For further information, please visit: www.solactive.com/career/
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited CVs/Candidate Profiles. Please do not forward any CVs/Candidate Profiles to any Solactive employee in any location. Any requests for cooperation have to be addressed directly to HR. Any costs associated with unsolicited CVs/Candidate Profiles are not being covered by Solactive.