Linux System Engineer (m/f/d) | Berlin
Solactive AG is a FinTech company operating globally and growing at a fast pace, headquartered in Frankfurt. Since 2007, we develop tailor-made and multi-asset class index solutions for ETFs and other index-linked investment products for the leading global investment banks and asset managers as our clients. Flexibility, efficiency and providing the highest quality are at the heart and soul of our business philosophy. We are now hiring!
We are looking for a Linux Automation Engineer who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring the infrastructure, developing automation strategies and deployment processes, and driving our way into Kubernetes. You will become an integral part of the team, making every problem of the platform a problem of your own, and solving them accordingly. Big data, real-time computation, high availability, and scalability are the challenges the Tech Platform Operations team is facing. To match this growth, we are hiring a Linux Automation Engineer to boost our team in the heart of Berlin.
- You are there not just to solve problems: you rather find automation rules for a permanent solution
- Be part of the essential improvement of the company’s tech platform together with a competent and solid team
- Script and develop automation in Python and develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with the rest of the team
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions & task schedulers
- System and application monitoring
- Develop and implement backup and disaster recovery strategies
- Maintain documentation for procedures, configurations, and programs
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer, Administrator and/or DevOps
- Expert knowledge in Linux
- Expert knowledge in scripting with Python
- Orchestrating the Cloud with Kubernetes
- Experience working with open source infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Experience working with Public Cloud Providers (GCP, AWS)
- An open mind and creative approach to problem-solving with open source-based solutions
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and performance analysis of systems and applications (e.g. Zabbix, InfluxDB, Grafana) as well as of automation tools (e.g Ansible, Rundeck,)
- Hands-on experience in non-cloud technologies is a plus
- Degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field
- Fluent in English; German Language is a plus
- Structured feedback and career cycles to support your further development
- An attractive salary package with 30 days of annual leave (plus 24th & 31st Dec)
- Free choice of your gears to work comfortably and effectively
- The dynamic environment of a start-up culture – with the stability of an established company
- Get visible and have an impact from day one: we’re a compact firm, and your stakeholders are just an arm’s length away!
- Become part of Solactive’s success story and our future growth – with a highly motivated and collaborative team
Interested? Don’t miss your chance and directly apply online by clicking the “Apply now” button on our website and filling in the application form. Please make sure to also upload your CV, a cover letter is not compulsory. Your contact person is Jasmina Kalin (email@example.com). We are looking forward to hearing from you!
For further information, please visit: www.solactive.com/career/
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited CVs/Candidate Profiles. Please do not forward any CVs/Candidate Profiles to any Solactive employee in any location. Any requests for cooperation have to be addressed directly to HR. Any costs associated with unsolicited CVs/Candidate Profiles are not being covered by Solactive.