DevOps System Administrator (f/m/d) | Berlin
Solactive AG is a FinTech company operating globally and growing at a fast pace. Since 2007, we develop tailor-made and multi-asset class index solutions for ETFs and other index-linked investment products for the leading global investment banks and asset managers as our clients. Our software development and core technology team, responsible for the infrastructure, development, operation and maintenance of our index calculation and publication engine, is based in Berlin and is now hiring!
Are you in love with Linux? Did you call your dog Debian and your cat Kernel? Then this job is the right one for you! Big data, real-time computation, high availability and scalability are the challenges the team is facing. Topics are wide spread and we try to master our inhouse-grown IT in organizing the team in knowledge clusters (networking, data center infrastructure, application as a service, development pipelines, …). To match this growth we are looking for DevOps systems administrators to boost our Tech Platform Operations team in the heart of Berlin. If you have no fear of getting your hands dirty with bare-metal machines, if you like to create your own space to solve non-trivial challenges, then you will surely fit in this great mix of old-school server machines and new fancy technologies.
- You are there not just to solve problems: you rather find automation rules for permanent solution
- Be part of the essential improvement of the company’s tech platform together with a competent and solid team
- Execute daily operations to keep production systems running efficiently
- You are flexible and capable of liaising with other internal departments to assist with a common set of goals
- At least three years of experience as Systems Administrator and/or DevOps. Plus if you have hands-on experience in non-cloud technologies
- An open mind and creative approach to problem solving with open source-based solutions
- You master Linux and you basically forgot how to spell Windows
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and performance analysis of systems and applications (e.g. Zabbix, InfluxDB, Grafana, …) as well as of automation tools (e.g Ansible, Rundeck, …)
- Hands-on experience with virtualization (XCP-ng) and storage technologies (e.g. Ceph, GlusterFS, DRBD, …)
- Solid know-how when it comes to administering high-availability production systems such as Apache, Nginx, MySQL and FTP
- Practical knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python) is a plus.
- In a football match between Docker, Kubernetes, Azure and AWS vs. Awk, Strace, Lsof, Grep, Iostat… you choose the latter.
- Working proactively by raising problems or concerns before they escalate
- Company language is English. German is a plus.
- Structured feedback and career cycles to support your further development
- An attractive salary package with 30 days of annual leave (plus 24th & 31st Dec)
- Free choice of your gears to work comfortably and effectively
- The dynamic environment of a start-up culture – with the stability of an established company
- Get visible and have an impact from day one: we’re a compact firm, and your stakeholders are just an arm’s length away!
- Become part of Solactive’s success story and our future growth – with a highly motivated and collaborative team
Interested? Don’t miss your chance and directly apply online by clicking the “Apply now” button on our website and filling in the application form. Please make sure to also upload your CV, cover letter and relevant references or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contact person is Valerio Timpanaro (+49 (0) 30 814 59 43 86). We are looking forward to hearing from you!
For further information, please visit: www.solactive.com/career/
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited CVs/Candidate Profiles. Please do not forward any CVs/Candidate Profiles to any Solactive employee in any location. Any requests for cooperation have to be addressed directly to HR. Any costs associated with unsolicited CVs/Candidate Profiles are not being covered by Solactive.