Database Specialist (m/f/d) | Berlin
Solactive AG is a FinTech company operating globally and growing at a fast pace. Since 2007, we develop tailor-made and multi-asset class index solutions for ETFs and other index-linked investment products for the leading global investment banks and asset managers as our clients. Our software development and core technology team, responsible for the infrastructure, development, operation and maintenance of our index calculation and publication engine, is based in Berlin (Europe’s most exciting capital) and is now hiring!
Do you feel at home in a Database /MySQL environment and could you already gain practical experience as a Database Analyst or in a similar role? Plus, are you now ready for a new challenge in a stimulating environment in one of the most promising areas of the financial markets? Then you will very likely fit into our team!
- Implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Open Source database systems (e.g. MariaDB, Percona, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra)
- Database performance tuning, high availability, replication, backups and general optimization
- Support the development of new services and optimizations of queries
- Handling configuration management, patching, building, deployment, working with upstream on bug identification and resolution
- Improving observability (alerting, metrics, monitoring) of database infrastructure
- 5+ years experience in a DBA role as part of a team
- Advanced level of experience with database administration and replication topologies at scale
- Decent programming/scripting skills and experience managing databases at scale
- Experience with high traffic and highly available architectures and operations
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and IO/data storage concepts, internals and troubleshooting
- Experience with Open Source configuration management and orchestration tools (like Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack), as well as modern observability infrastructure (Prometheus, Grafana, Graphite, Logstash/Kibana, Icinga)
- A challenging and exciting field in a very successful and strongly growing FinTech
- Active teamwork and a steep learning curve right from the start
- Working with modern, exciting technologies in a fast-paced, highly professional environment
- 30 days annual leave, a permanent contract and an attractive salary package
- Free choice of technical equipment (e.g. MacBook Pro /Linux)
- Centrally located office in Berlin-Friedrichshain with an amazing view
Interested? Don’t miss your chance and directly apply online by clicking the “Apply now” button on our website and filling in the application form. Please make sure to also upload your CV, cover letter and relevant references or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contact person is Maria Graf (+49 (0) 30 814 59 43 84). We are looking forward to hearing from you!
For further information, please visit: www.solactive.com/career/