Database Specialist (m/f/d) | Frankfurt am Main
Solactive AG is a FinTech company operating globally and growing at a fast pace. Since 2007, we develop tailor-made and multi-asset class index solutions for ETFs and other index-linked investment products for the leading global investment banks and asset managers as our clients. Our software development and core technology team, responsible for the infrastructure, development, operation and maintenance of our index calculation and publication engine, is based in Berlin (Europe’s most exciting capital) and is now hiring!
Do you feel at home in a Database /MySQL environment and could you already gain practical experience as a Database Analyst or in a similar role? Plus, are you now ready for a new challenge in a stimulating environment in one of the most promising areas of the financial markets? Then you will very likely fit into our team!
- Implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Open Source database systems (e.g. MariaDB, Percona, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra)
- Database performance tuning, high availability, replication, backups and general optimization
- Support the development of new services and optimizations of queries
- Handling configuration management, patching, building, deployment, working with upstream on bug identification and resolution
- Improving observability (alerting, metrics, monitoring) of database infrastructure
- 5+ years experience in a DBA role as part of a team
- Advanced level of experience with database administration and replication topologies at scale
- Decent programming/scripting skills and experience managing databases at scale
- Experience with high traffic and highly available architectures and operations
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and IO/data storage concepts, internals and troubleshooting
- Experience with Open Source configuration management and orchestration tools (like Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack), as well as modern observability infrastructure (Prometheus, Grafana, Graphite, Logstash/Kibana, Icinga)
- Be part of the Solactive family, a motivated team with an international setting
- Get to know the dynamics of an established, successful FinTech company
- Experience a modern start-up culture with a flat hierarchy
- Seize the opportunity to develop personally, take over responsibility and maintain direct customer contact from day one
- Receive numerous benefits (e.g. gym, regular staff parties, access to Corporate Benefits, modern office space, employee lounge and free beverages)
Interested? Don’t miss your chance and directly apply online by clicking the “Apply now” button above and filling in the application form. Please make sure to also upload your CV, cover letter and relevant references or send it to email@example.com. Your contact person is Maria Graf (+49 (0) 30 814 59 43 84). We are looking forward to hearing from you!
For further information, please visit: www.solactive.com/career/