Data Engineer (m/f/d) SQL | Frankfurt am Main
Solactive AG is a FinTech company operating globally and growing at a fast pace, headquartered in Frankfurt. Since 2007, we develop tailor-made and multi-asset class index solutions for ETFs and other index-linked investment products for the leading global investment banks and asset managers as our clients. Flexibility, efficiency and providing the highest quality are at the heart and soul of our business philosophy. We are now hiring!
Our Data Solutions team forms an essential link between our business and infrastructure teams: it defines and implements business processes in data pipelines, monitors existing services and thereby provides the best service to our customers. As a Data Engineer in our Data Solutions team you will be working on a broad set of real-world problems of large scale that have a direct and significant business impact. In close collaboration with our business analysts and software engineers you will create high-performance data processing solutions that scale using emerging technologies and approaches and help us define new best practices.
- Designing and developing our data processing pipeline
- Building up a centralized data warehouse that acts as the unique source of all relevant data in the long run
- Optimizing queries executed in distributed systems by improving query plans and considering data partitioning and compression
- Optimizing the SQL Server environment
- Engineering ETL processing through the whole data pipeline using Python (Apache Airflow)
- Maintaining the ETL stack
- Being an in-house consultant for best track, store and access data
- Academic degree in computer science, related studies or equivalent professional experience
- Relevant work experience in similar position
- Excellent SQL skills including experience with various database technologies such as MySQL / Postgres / MS SQL Server
- Fluency in Python
- Previous experience with CI/DevOps tools/platforms (e.g. Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible) would be an advantage
- Experience with Hadoop/hdfs and streaming frameworks such as spark / storm is a plus
- Intercultural competence, meticulousness and a passion for documentation
- Very good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Be part of the Solactive family, a motivated team with an international setting
- Get to know the dynamics of an established, successful FinTech company
- Experience a modern start-up culture with a flat hierarchy
- Seize the opportunity to develop personally, take over responsibility and maintain direct customer contact from day one
- Receive numerous benefits (e.g. gym, regular staff parties like after-work BBQs)
Interested? Don’t miss your chance and directly apply online by clicking the “Apply now” button above and filling in the application form. Please make sure to also upload your CV, cover letter and relevant references. If you have any questions beforehand, please get in contact with our HR team (email@example.com or +49 (0) 69 719 160-246).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!