Big Data Engineer (m/f/d) | Frankfurt am Main
Solactive AG is a FinTech company operating globally and growing at a fast pace, headquartered in Frankfurt. Since 2007, we develop tailor-made and multi-asset class index solutions for ETFs and other index-linked investment products for the leading global investment banks and asset managers as our clients. Flexibility, efficiency and providing the highest quality are at the heart and soul of our business philosophy. We are now hiring!
Our Data Solutions team forms an essential link between our business and infrastructure teams: it defines and implements business processes in data pipelines, monitors existing services and thereby provides the best service to our customers. As a Big Data Engineer in our Data Solutions team you will be working on a broad set of real-world problems of large scale that have a direct and significant business impact. In close collaboration with our business analysts and software engineers you will create high-performance data processing solutions that scale using emerging technologies and approaches and help us define new best practices.
- Implementing data models and storage solutions for high volume data in an accessible and scalabale manner
- Optimizing back-end performance for maximum speed and reliability
- Handling terabytes of data in optimal data structures
- Developing and maintaining clearly defined APIs that enable other developers to consume our micro-services through a self-service model
- Balancing the trade-off between vision and pragmatism
- Academic degree in computer science, related studies or equivalent professional experience
- Relevant work experience in similar position
- Knowledge of time-series databases like Kdb, InfluxDB or TimescaleDB for handling intra-day market data
- Ability to handle large files in formats such as .hdf5 or plain .txt
- Advanced experience in implementing and optimizing batch data processing jobs in Spark and traditional RDBM systems
- Fluency in Python
- Knowledge of large distributed systems and their properties
- Experience with Kafka and Apache Airflow would be an advantage
- Intercultural competence and very good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Be part of the Solactive family, a motivated team with an international setting
- Get to know the dynamics of an established, successful FinTech company
- Experience a modern start-up culture with a flat hierarchy
- Seize the opportunity to develop personally, take over responsibility and maintain direct customer contact from day one
- Receive numerous benefits (e.g. gym, regular staff parties like after-work BBQs)
Interested? Don’t miss your chance and directly apply online by clicking the “Apply now” button above and filling in the application form. Please make sure to also upload your CV, cover letter and relevant references. If you have any questions beforehand, please get in contact with our HR team (email@example.com or +49 (0) 69 719 160-246).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!